The CEO met with Filcro Media Staffing in New York to discuss the strategic business goals of the organization across multiple media platforms for B2B, B2C and C2C in domestic and international markets.
Monetization responsibilities were to be league, franchise, athlete, media, advertising, event and licensing relevant.
The CEO’s objective was to identify an executive who could function with autonomy to monetize the organization in new businesses and in the businesses they were currently engaged in US, LATAM, EU, ASIA and MENA markets.
As the global leader in their space the CEO realized that prevailing dominance had caused complacency. There was a need to identify an executive who could move the company forward from revenue and branding perspectives to eliminate competitors from gaining market share.
Corporate sponsors, advertisers, fans, athletes and media partners needed to see a “named” change agent was taking the helm as EVP. A titular head of sports marketing and sales would not suffice.
The CEO granted Filcro Media Staffing autonomy to formulate a job description, compensation structures and flexibility on where the executive's second home would be. To assure search completion at the desired cadence, the CEO remained intimately engaged until the search was brought to fruition.
Industry and Sector inclusion
- Sports Marketing / Sports Product Monetization
- Talent Agencies and Sports Talent Representation
- Sports - TV Broadcast Networks and Cable TV Networks
- Major MSO Operators
- Motion Picture Studios
- Sports Franchise Ownership
- Sports Leagues
- Sports Licensing and Sports Business Affairs Organizations
- Advertising Agencies With Sports Industry Media Dominance
Filcro Media Staffing is Retained
The CEO was aware of Filcro Media Staffing’s reputation in the businesses that provided the organization's core revenue streams. Cable, Broadcast, On Demand, MSO’s, Sports and a number of Multinational Media Conglomerates for global distribution that Filcro Media Staffing recruits for. The media companies, brands, media platforms and executives with relationships with the firm were all related the firm’s business goals and partnerships.
The CEO was about to transform over twenty years of business practices and monetization channels. He wanted to be disruptive to the firm’s competitors in the process. With a clear commitment by the executive to maintain dominance in his space and control the key relationship(s) between sports, media, advertising agencies, global advertisers and sponsors he engaged Filcro Media Staffing to conduct the search aggressively.
Some of the Challenges Facing the New Executive
- Implementing process, workflow, monetization and business practices as a change agent not currently inherent to the sports industry nor the particular space the firm dominates.
- Establishing new revenue streams outside of traditional sports broadcast, sponsorship, pay-per-view, licensing and franchise ownership.
- Renegotiating deals to include cross-platform entities, as primary, as opposed to secondary participants to create new stand-alone businesses.
- Engage multinational media conglomerates to produce content specific to tent pole events, athletic talent and their associated domestic and international markets
- Branding, merchandising and licensing in nontraditional domestic and global markets.
- Building infrastructure to normalize business practices, business affairs and multi-language work-flow in the United States, Europe, South America, Asia and MENA markets.
Filcro Media Staffing’s Recruitment Solution
The new Executive Vice President recruited by Filcro Media Staffing was from one of the leading sports and media talent representation organizations in the world.
She managed and monetized the most recognized, successful and highest earning athletes in the world.
The CEO and new EVP established a strong relationship rapidly. Everything clicked during the identification, recruitment, attraction and relocation phases. Both parties were equally enthusiastic and confident of success from the onset.
The success of this search could be tied just to revenue. However, the smooth adoption of new business practices, global domination in their space and a recognized desire to do business with the organization were also making the CEO very happy.
This new Executive Vice President has produced record revenue and has positioned the company as #1 in the world, with the desired disruptive effect so the rest of the industry has to play catch-up.
This Executive Vice President continues to exceed revenue goals on a global basis. She has transitioned a brand, a sport, athletic talent and revenue channels and built the world's most progressive sports franchise for consumers, sponsors and advertisers globally.
With single transactions / events in the $100 to $500 million USD range. Filcro Media Staffing offered sound and mature management consulting and executive recruitment services to meet the business goals and organizational changes sought at the onset. Tony Filson conducted this search