Newspaper Managing Editor
Dallas, TX - USA
Texas based newspaper is seeking a honed Managing Editor with high journalistic standards and an understanding of a credible news organization's obligations to the communities it serves, in a constitutional republic.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage a diverse team of editors and writers to ensure all articles are firmly rooted in fact and truth. Adhere to the high journalistic standards the newspaper is noted for.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of articles and written material. Provide meticulous attention to detail.
- Communicate clearly “constructive and necessary” feedback, for editors and writers, to help them grow as journalists.
- Maintain a positive collaborative newsroom and a culture that rewards success.
- Ensure publication quotas are hit on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Work in consultation with the leadership team of the newspaper to develop the strategic vision of the publication.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a newspaper or news publication.
- Multiple years of experience managing and mentoring a team of journalists.
- An absolute enthusiasm for reading and editing a variety of news stories.
- A compelling command of the English language and the ability to quickly and effectively find errors, fix grammar and proofread with ease.
- Ability to multitask, and handle multiple projects and stories simultaneously with maturity and thoughtfulness.
- The willingness, commitment, and stamina to work whenever and wherever there is a need to get stories ready for publishing.
- The ability to work and manage effectively within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Outgoing, personable, and enjoy meeting new people to enhance the newspaper and its relationship with the community.
- Located in or willing to move to Dallas, Texas.
- Believe in the mission of providing the communities served, with journalistic integrity, and a clear honest voice.
Salary & Benefits
Six-figure base salary with comprehensive health, dental, 401K, PTO, family and corporate relocation assistance.
Filcro Media Staffing
Resume Submission Link
Examples of Cost of Living in Dallas, TX vs. NYC, NY
Dallas Luxury 2 Bedroom Apartments - $1,800 to $2,100 With Outdoor Patios, Pool, Gym, Garage, Fireplace, In Unit Laundry, Rooftop & Pool BBQ, High-Speed Internet and Cable TV Included. Concierge, Doorman, Movie Room, Tennis, Club and Children's Playroom.
NYC, NY: An equal NYC apartment would be $5,800 to $12,800 per month on the Upper East Side.
Dallas: Grocery, General Shopping, Restaurants, Entertainment and Services are all 50% less than living in NYC. No state taxes in Texas. One of the best COL locations in America.
Dallas Restaurant Guide | Dallas Arts & Culture | Dallas Medical Community | Dallas Sports & Leisure | DFW Airport | DFW 2022 Best Schools
Job Page: ME-DTX-9-22 | Managing Editor News Paper