Multinational Media and Entertainment Conglomerate
Broadcast TV, Cable TV, Film, Digital Media, Entertainment, Publishing, Consumer Products, Amusement Venues
+ = National Director TV Network Online Advertising Sales
New York, NY - USA based
Filcro Media Staffing (FMS) NYC reported to National Vice President Online Advertising Sales New York, NY - USA
Music & Entertainment brand currently at approximately 600 million dollars. 18 - 24 / 18 - 34 demographic. This group in a division of a 20+ billion dollar concern.
Search - NDOAS
The National Vice President of Online Sales had setup sales offices in NY, CA, IL and MI utilizing Filcro Media Staffing and was now seeking a National Director to function with autonomy in New York so he could take greater strategic control. in the formalization of staff development, traffic, digital agency relations and client and creative services.
FMS was retained.
The FMS Officer in Charge of Search (OIC) worked directly with the Vice President to establish his priorities with regard to markets, budgets, employee development and business goals.
Filcro Media Staffing with extensive experience recruiting within this space was able to compile a universe in a relatively brief period of time. Resources of FMS were drawn from New York, Chicago and Los Angeles to assure that the universe of final candidates was indeed drawn form a comprehensive national pool of digital executives.
Specific genre considerations with the brand were of importance to the Vice President and COO of this entertainment group. FMS kept a clear focus on sales management acumen but took every opportunity to identify those who had a particular affinity to the brand and genre.
The online group has recently formalized plans for synergistic client services, creative services, traffic and EDI systems to offer clients, agencies and internal sister companies information across three media platforms, which Filcro Media Staffing had also staffed. This gave Filcro Media Staffing a distinct advantage to identify “capacity” and “strategic” acumen within the new Director. Particular internal sensitivities with the Television and Motion Picture Groups would require a strong strategist who could gain internal as well as external consensus when initiating new programs for clients.
The Divisional Vice President and COO granted Filcro Media Staffing the autonomy required to creatively attract those that could function properly on a Director’s level and ultimately grow to Vice President as the VP was promoted to Senior Vice President. This was clearly a search that would facilitate revenue growth and succession planning.
Basic requirements for the new Director
- Enhance revenue through direct sales to national advertisers, advertising agencies and digital networks
- Hire, mentor and manage national account executives based in New York
- Act as Digital lead on cross platform deals with TV Network Group
- Capacity to create and or identify convergent opportunities with advertisers that capitalize on the Interactive Property and the TV Network's desirable 18-34 demographic in a music and entertainment and genre
- Interface with creative and client services teams to enhance product and channel offerings based on advertising opportunities.
Some of the challenges facing the new Director
- Client and Creative Services optimization
- Enhancing TV, Online and Mobile relationships
- Building Digital’s capacity to deliver for digital networks
- Guide other Directors in Traffic, Inventory and Planning across other internal media platforms as to the needs of Digital to enhance sales and the client / agency relationship from a service perspective
- Work with counterparts in Los Angeles, Detroit and Chicago to enhance programs for national advertisers, agencies and networks.
- Hire and engage staff to perform and meet and exceed budgets established by the Vice President
New Director identified
The new Director was identified in New York through our firm’s Chicago TV research team. Key relationships with Filcro Media Staffing on Television and Digital platforms were able to verify the efficacy of this executive allowing us to bring him forward as a candidate.
The new Director met with the FMS OIC initially in New York and he scored exceptionally high on his Harvard Profile. The OIC commented “The executive exhibits a rare capacity to conceptualize and more importantly execute cross-platform programs”. His capacity was key for this search as succession planning was one of our primary goals. He also had a proven record of building and developing national sales staffs across multiple media platforms.
The VP and COO both embraced this executive on personal and professional levels with great confidence knowing that the autonomy he was about to be granted would allow him to flourish.
The new Director has proven to be a vital asset to the TV and Digital Networks.
FMS and the client company are exceptionally pleased with the outstanding performance of this talented digital sales executive.He has met or exceeded every goal placed before him and strategically conceptualized and executed on a level befitting a Director destined to be a Vice President of National sales.
This URL: http://www.executivesearch.tv/html/national_director_online_adver.html
Filcro Media Staffing - Digital Media Recruitment Solutions
Filcro Media Staffing, All rights reserved, 1985 - 2009 Filcro Media Staffing - Monetizing Media Assets
National Digital Media and Broadcasting Sales Executive Search Firms - http://www.ExecutiveSearch.TV