National Sales Executive
TV Traffic Scheduling, Systems & Workflow Solutions
Location: New York, NY - Midtown Manhattan
Industry: Broadcasting Industry Technology Solutions Providers
Executive Search Summary
Tony Filson as OIC, met with the CEO in New York to obtain a complete overview of the client company's business objectives.
With extensive experience recruiting traffic and inventory executives in the broadcasting industry, as well as technology sales executives calling on the broadcasting industry to provide systems and workflow solutions, Filcro Media Staffing was quickly able to set a course of action for the search.
Executive Search Profile
The CEO tasked Filcro Media Staffing to recruit a national traffic and workflow solutions executive with extensive experience in PEG and non-PEG markets.
The firm, at the time of the search, did not have a New York sales office. This sales executive would have to work remotely, out of their home, until the firm’s New York offices were completed.
Extensive travel would be required to service traditional and digital broadcasters from Los Angele to New York.
Key Duties for the national traffic and workflow solutions sales executive
- Work nationally to set goals to meet or exceed sales objectives to a diverse group of broadcasting and digital media clients seeking cost-effective traffic, scheduling and workflow solutions
- Work strategically with the CEO to deliver forecasts, marketing budgets, identify trending opportunities / challenges, and provide recommended solutions
- Effectively qualify leads, identify the prospect's needs and offer cost-effective solutions
- Work with the firm's marketing agency to develop marketing programs that support the sales process and target markets to increase sales
- Conduct conversations to address business needs with all levels of a broadcasting operation. Ability to work with CEO, VP Traffic and Operations level staff.
- Utilize solution selling techniques to effectively guide the sales process to an effective close
- Utilize CRM solutions to provide timely and accurate sales activity tracking and status updates.
- Keep informed of products, competition and broadcast industry trends and events
- Develop effective PowerPoint presentations to communicate value to clients within context of their needs
- Participate in the preparation and execution of trade shows around the U.S.
Systems Engineering and Creative Workflow Minimum Experience Requirements Utilized to Bring the Executive Search to Fruition.
- A min of 5 years of previous enterprise software or relevant broadcast services, or broadcast workflow and or broadcast technology sales experience
- A clear understanding of broadcast workflow and integration
- Experience identifying, qualifying and developing accounts seeking custom solutions
- A proven track record of sales success, client satisfaction and working effectively with internal resources.
- Strong verbal skills with consultative professional business acumen
- Strong speaking and presentation skills to represent the firm at industry events
- Ability to travel for business and industry events
The Skilled Senior Sales Executive Recruited
As the current New Business Development Manager of a prestigious provider of broadcast technology solutions, this executive had honed industry experience and great acumen with traffic and traffic workflow solutions already.
Prior to his current role he worked for IBM in their solutions group and also Harris. Harris being dominant as a respected provider of broadcast solutions to digital and traditional broadcasters, this executive had a wealth of experience from a tactical and strategic perspective that could be utilized while setting up and managing a national sales organization.
The CEO was seeking a change agent who could alter the modality and efficacy of others who had failed to meet his expectations from a market and revenue perspective. With extensive experience with a Fortune 50 and a premier provider of traffic, workflow and technology solutions, the executive recruited by Filcro Media Staffing was well poised to meet every goal established at the onset of the search in New York.
The CEO expressed latitude to base this individual in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Boston and to also relocate this sales executive to New York or another city, if required. Filcro Media Staffing conducted a national search but was able to identify, recruit and attract the ideal executive without the need for relocation.
The new national sales executive became acclimated quickly and is meeting every goal set for the search.
Based on Filcro Media Staffing’s experience with similar broadcast technology sales searches, this search was completed at the cadence estimated from contract to acceptance even with changes made by the CEO with regard to tactical and strategic weighting of the initial responsibilities.
Additional Case Histories | Technology Group | Employers | All Recruitment Groups
Bookmark This Page: