Digital Advertising Sales
Music Entertainment, News, Reality, Fashion, Scripted Series
Based New York, NY – Midtown Manhattan
Compensation $200,000 - $220,000 base, plus comm & bonus+
Territory National Digital Online Advertising Sales
Reports to CEO
Summary One of America's leading digital and over the air broadcasters of music and music entertainment genre programming is seeking a honed Vice President of digital advertising sales to be based in New York City and lead a group of 4-5 national digital advertising sales professionals and a planner.
This position reporting to a very senior level TV and Digital Advertising sales executive in New York and will be responsible for advertising agency and direct client relationships across a brand that brings over 100 Million users forward for advertising agencies and direct clients seeking motivated consumers from tweens to teens to young adults and high-income households.
Currently across Online, Mobile, OEM, MSO and satellite, the brand is a true multicast, multichannel, multiplex music and entertainment industry leader offering national advertisers and sponsors a unique and highly effective digital platform for access to their most desired demographic(s).
- Call on advertising agencies, direct clients and digital ad partners offering music, music entertainment, reality, motion picture, fashion, news and scripted series type programming
- Manage the New York based digital advertising sales team of AE's and planners
- Work in conjunction with the VP's of West Coast and Midwest Digital Advertising sales for special and tentpole events as well as your peers on the TV Network side.
- Approach revenue generation from a holistic perspective seeking opportunities that bring about brand awareness and unique monetization partnerships that are both traditional and non-traditional.
- Convey the importance of "the brand" as a targeted tool, based on genre, to gain access to ideal demographics ideally suited to industry verticals.
- Work internally to assure that RFP’s and ideation reflect the brand’s benefits and advantages and are offered within context of the client’s specific needs.
- Keep a close attention to programming, music related events, artists for coverage across all genres to convey unique opportunities aligned with a client’s needs.
- Keep a close attention to traffic and inventory availabilities to optimize return.
- Work externally with buyers, planners, brand managers and CMO’s when required to articulate messaging in digital environments and to Fortune 50- 5000 boardrooms seeking the brand’s unique ability to bring a highly desired audience forward.
- A minimum of 7-10 years sales leadership experience as a player/coach with Digital Online Advertising Sales, meeting or exceeding budgets in competitive markets.
- Experience managing, mentoring, developing, training and directing Digital Advertising Sales professionals to hone advertising agency and direct client relationships and the associated reporting.
- Current advertising agency and direct client relationships across diverse industry verticals such as: Adult Beverage, Apparel, Automotive, Beverage, Big Box, CPG, Education, Electronics, Entertainment, Financials, Gaming, Government, Healthcare, Insurance, Mobile, Motion Picture, Music, Pharmaceutical, Political, Professional Services, Retail, QSR’s, Telecommunications, Travel & Leisure and or others.
- A willingness to professionally entertain clients at advertising agencies and Fortune 50-1000 companies regularly. Ability to optimize relationships at a highly respected "upfront" and "special events" and garner results from agencies and clients
- Must be able to hit the ground running and know who the current key players are at agencies and direct clients.
- A proven ability to sell a premium brand, genre leader at a premium CPM to those seeking direct access to highly desired demographics through on line advertising and sponsorships
- Ability to sell 3 million+ monthly unique visitors for "each" of the brands and then up-sell as the numbers continue to grow at a rapid pace based on programming, tentpole, season, award show and special events
- An entrepreneurial approach to business in a quick to react organization.
- Knowledge of advertising, traffic, planning, inventory and ad serving tools for agency, direct client, programmatic and sponsorship ad sales campaigns.
- This Vice President should be well-rounded strategically and tactically to keep abreast of industry trends and competitors.
Officer in Charge of Search
Filcro Media Staffing
New York, NY 10017
Resume Submission Link