Broadcasting and Media Executive Search
Media Recruitment & Proven Talent Acquisition Strategies
Filcro Media Staffing is a retained media and broadcasting executive search firm providing specialized identification, recruitment and attraction of broadcasting, advertising and media executives within a multitude of domestic and international markets across a variety of media platforms. With decades of media industry recruitment experience, market insight and valued relationships, Filcro Media Staffing offers proven recruitment efficacy conducting media and broadcasting executive searches under ideal and arduous circumstances CONUS and OCONUS.
Cable TV & MSO
Radio & Music
Online & OTT
Multicast & OEM
Filcro Media Staffing offers distinct benefits and advantages to clients seeking media recruitment specialization.
- Focus - An environment dedicated exclusively to broadcasting and media recruitment across multiple media platforms.
- Acumen - A comprehensive understanding of skills, relationships, reporting structures, corporate cultures, global markets and technologies in the media industries.
- Specialization - Detailed knowledge of business, creative and technical functions in the industry from tactical and strategic perspectives. Media Specific Recruitment
- Experience - Filcro Media Staffing offers over 30 years of media recruitment experience, stability and accountability. Since 1985 the firm leads the industry with transparent modality and expeditious efficacy.
- Scope - From CEO to Manager. Every executive search is treated with the same dedication and resources the firm is noted for.
- Cost Structures - Based on the firm’s resources and media experience clients enjoy costs that reflect decades of repetitive identification in each media recruitment practice group. Clients have three (3) options, in the way searches are structured, conducted and priced. Filcro Media Staffing’s terms and conditions reflect the realities of the media industry.
- Expeditious - Based on modality, reputation and media industry acumen the firm quickly identifies, recruits, qualifies and attracts ideal candidates. The firm’s recruiters and OIC’s accomplish more in a few weeks than most search firms accomplish in many months. The firm is aggressive, knowledgeable, conscientious and quick to create multiple opportunities that facilitate success. The firm’s workflow permits a search to be honed at every phase of identification, recruitment and attraction.
- Reputation - Executive searches offering diverse and unique candidates from an extensive pool of comprehensive proprietary data, internal O&D charting, industry relationships, media visibility, event participation and a known reputation for proven efficacy with clients and candidates.
- Geographics - Every major and minor media market in the United States. International markets include EU, Asia, MENA and LATAM.
- Transparency - Clients receive real-time access to deliverables and each search ecology through the firm’s proprietary systems regardless of geographics and time differences. The reporting and cadence of a search can be as collaborative or autonomous as required.
- Confidentiality - Filcro Media Staffing can function with complete confidentiality up until the time of the client’s internal process or be extremely verbose to an industry sector or the industry as a whole.
- Flexibility - We offer clients different strategies to support every contingency. The majority of searches fall under the (5) five search strategies below. The history of each can be viewed in cash histories for new clients of the firm.
- 1 - The client wants Filcro Media Staffing to explore markets in (4) four weeks or less and then set a course of action based on findings that determine the best strategies.
- 2 - Client wants Filcro Media Staffing to participate in or take control of every aspect of the search. Consulting with the hiring executive(s) or committee, formulating identification, market and attraction strategies.
- 3 - Client has a succession need. Filcro Media Staffing assures continuity / confidentiality while quickly recruiting to meet business goals. This individual can represent continuity or be a change agent.
- 4 - Client knows their markets and sets all parameters for the identification, recruitment and attraction process.
- 5 - Client wants a market driven search that uses various aspects of all of the above.
Detailed information pertaining to the firm’s specialized media executive search practices, search methodologies, recruiters, recruitment efficacy, management consulting and business terms and conditions, can all be reviewed by utilizing the appropriate links designated on this page. Practice Groups | Case Histories | Client Reviews | Discuss a Search let us know what your needs are.
Practice & Recruitment Groups
Modality - Filcro Media Staffing’s Search Methodologies
- Business, financial, market, platform, creative and technical goal determinations
- Tactical vs strategic weighting, cultural, change management and succession issues / or planning when required
- Recruitment time line and cadence
- Consensus for formulation of skill sets and experience for the search document or a revised job description
- Initial universe compilation based on experience, skills and geographics
- Recruitment of candidates for tiering
- Qualification assessments
- Attraction of ideal candidates
- Candidate justification statements and interviews
- Tiering of candidates by recruiters, client and OIC
- Client interviews, internal assessments and justification reviews
- Client and Filcro Media confer to determine ideal(s)
- Documented 1st and 3rd party verification of background, education and experience
- Hiring terms, contract negotiations and or relocation finalization
- Formal offer
- Acclimation assessment through on-boarding
- Overview of above modality verified with Tony Filson as officer in charge - firm case histories
These standardized and proprietary recruitment methodologies have been utilized to facilitate specialized media and broadcasting executive search assignments, since 1985.
The firm conducts a disciplined and orchestrated executive search process that has proven efficacy. The firm’s media focus and acumen are noted within case histories relevant to media business, technical and creative identification. The firm’s practice permits established means to be honed at any point during universe compilation, identification or tiering. Each search ecology is transparent and collaborative with reporting functions that are unique to the level of tactical and strategic weighting of each assignment.
“The firm’s focus is fulfilling a client’s business goals by skilled media recruiters that specialize in the media industry within specific media disciplines.” Filcro Media Staffing’s reporting process facilitates clear definition and verification during every phase of recruitment, identification and assessment. Each variable becomes a catalyst capable of improving the search process. As candidates are identified the firm offers protocols that allow senior level executives to be viewed transparently at all times.
Specialized Media Search Groups and Disciplines
The “Recruitment Practices” page contains detailed information pertaining to the specialized search practice areas within Filcro Media Staffing. Business, technical and creative recruitment disciplines are discussed in detail allowing clients to garner a comprehensive understanding of the firm’s approach to the identification of specific hard skill sets and experience in each media and broadcasting practice group. C level executives, Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers are all identified, recruited, attracted, qualified, verified, hired and retained by utilizing broad and granular media industry knowledge based on experience that is within context of the specific industry platform and the media function itself.
Reporting, Deliverables and Logistics - (SEIT)
Filcro Media Staffing combines traditional and proprietary search tools to enhance the identification process by increasing access to real-time information. The result is a simple and highly effective information tool called SEIT.
Clients conducting senior level executive searches have access to our proprietary SEIT system, pronounced “see it”. SEIT stands for search ecology information technology. We are the only executive search firm to offer SEIT.
Filcro Media Staffing provides a number of selected “case histories” for clients to review the firm’s methodologies within context of specific searches. The firm’s reasoning during the executive search process is an important factor in examining Filcro Media Staffing’s modality. OIC search roster and a few client letters.
We encourage new clients to read related case histories relevant to their current recruitment needs.
Media Management Consulting - During the Executive Search Process
Domestic and International
Filcro Media Staffing has decades of executive recruitment experience with small and large media companies as well as non-media companies with internal media interests.
The firm offers a wealth of media recruitment and media industry knowledge for clients to draw from. During the executive search process these services are provided, if requested, to supplement a client’s internal resources.
- Compensation structures for media industry business, creative and technology environments within context of the search. COLA for CONUS/CONUS and CONUS/OCONUS differentials.
- Succession planning advice above, on and below line
- Change management assessments for new lines of business, monetization, operations or growth or within context of media acquisitions and mergers. The firm offers experience across 11 media platforms in domestic and international markets with stand alone or multiplex, multiplatform, multichannel distribution and assimilation.
- Job description, skill set formulation and industry experience requirements for all practice groups. Strategic and tactical experience required for immediate and longterm business goals.
- Internal interview guidance during the search to address areas of concern.
- Interim HR or compensation committee guidance when retained for media startups, funding, new ventures and M&A. The firm has offered guidance to boards of directors and investors to understand the media marketplace and formulate budgets for human resources for CAPEX, OPEX and valuations.
- Market advice for spin-offs and divestitures.
Please use this link for a Filcro Media Staffing pro bono request. Each pro bono request will be reviewed by Tony Filson personally. Thank you
Although we are always extremely busy in representing paying clients and in managing professional obligations, our commitment to pro bono service is unequivocal.
Providing media management consulting and high-quality broadcasting executive search services to those media non-profits who are unable to pay is critically important to our community. That is why Filcro Media Staffing participates in identifying media executives for nonprofit organizations that serve the public interest by serving the disadvantaged.
We are dedicated to using our resources to help the poor and disadvantaged among us by reviewing requests that we provide pro bono assistance in deserving cases.
If you are aware of and interested in volunteering for one of the Filcro Children's Sports initiatives in March, June, July or September, please e-mail the firm using this link. Thank you.
This URL | Case Histories | Client Reviews | Practice Groups | Employers Page
©1985 - 2016 Filcro Media Staffing, all rights reserved Media and Broadcasting Executive Search Firms and Media Management Consulting Services by Filcro Media Staffing - Tony Filson Officer in Charge Filcro Media Staffing