TV Broadcast Engineering
Location Brooklyn, NY
Compensation Base to $100,000 plus a $5K to 10K bonus with exceptional benefits, savings and retirement plans. Private parking provided to the Chief Engineer.
A highly respected, stable and lifelong secure non-profit broadcaster and media conglomerate is seeking a talented broadcasting executive who is seeking a real home. This broadcast engineering job is for a Chief or Senior Broadcast Engineer who desires long-term stability and career security in an ideal work environment.
Located in Brooklyn New York, this respected Broadcast Network is migrating to advanced technologies as they integrate their TV, MSO, OTT, On Line, Print and Social Media properties. This Broadcast Engineering professional will lead, mentor and spearhead projects in a hands-on manner, working with kind, dedicated and caring broadcast professionals who also enjoy career stability and security in a highly desired work environment.
This Chief Engineer will be responsible for providing outstanding client and customer service to multiple broadcast studios, master control, transmission, post-production, creative content creation and edit facilities.
This person should truly enjoy technology and have the ability to bring new technologies to fruition and improve workflow. This position reports to a seasoned TV Network executive who has a reputation of being a “great boss”.
- In a hands-on manner participate in day-to-day execution of preventive maintenance, facility personnel assignment, equipment calibration and technical support
- Provide high-level customer support and service to News, Digital, Production and Master Control departments.
- Resolve issues through careful analysis and trouble shooting, fabricating, cabling and wiring new installations with proper labeling and or documentation as directed by the Director of Engineering.
- Participate in developing project priorities, resource requirements, project scope and objectives.
- Assess issues / needs and provide enhancements to existing systems. Analyze systems and or workflow to identify issues, improvements and solutions.
- Maintain a high level of broadcast industry technical and business knowledge to keep the broadcast infrastructure up to industry standards.
- Work closely with broadcast operations to keep them informed trough documentation of changes to the production environment.
- Maintain, track and report all project status and metrics
- The Chief Engineer has three direct reports to also include the Master Control Supervisor who has full time and temp employees on a rotational schedule.
Broadcast Engineering Skills and Experience
- Engineering or related degree
- A minimum of (7) seven years of experience providing:
- Master Control
- Non-Linear Editing
- Server and Transmission Technical Support
- AutoCAD or Visio drawing and document skills preferred
- Full cabling, wiring, equipment configuration, installation, systems integration and project management experience desired
- A history of providing quality support to editors and production
- A working knowledge of networking technologies, topographies and troubleshooting used in broadcasting, highly desired
- In depth knowledge of ADC 100, ROSS Overdrive, studio camera setup, MPEG compression, satellite communication required
- Valid driver's license and the ability to lift 50 pounds and climb a ladder
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends as required
Filcro Media Staffing
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Resume email link
This Job PC URL | Mobile Job Link | Technology Group | Case Histories PC Mobile |
Employers PC Mobile | Contact PC Mobile | Client Notes
TV Broadcasting | Chief Engineer
Filcro Media Staffing
TV Broadcast Engineering Executive Search
Filcro Media Staffing Media & Broadcasting Executive Search - All Rights Reserved
TV Chief Engineer
TV Chief Broadcast Engineer
New York, NY
Base based on related broadcast engineering experience. Bonus eligible. Comprehensive benefits and retirement in a productive, healthy and cutting edge work environment.
- The Chief Broadcast Engineer will be responsible for daily “hands on” support of the technical infrastructure and team for 24/7/365 live TV News and production facility.
- This highly technical staff position requires an experienced individual with multi-channel master control, live studio production, editing and digital workflow skills.
- Ability to communicate under complex and stressful conditions to all levels is key to the success.
- In-depth knowledge of TV broadcast automation systems, ENPS newsroom rundown systems as well as core distribution technologies is required.
- Manage, schedule, train, mentor, team of 10+ broadcast engineers and technicians
- Monitor, supervise, and improve the daily production control processes within the Broadcast Operations Unit with a focus on Technical Systems, Master Control, and Live Events
- In-depth knowledge of satellite, OTA, fiber, and IP transmission systems
Generate engineering schematics, design documentation, and SOP’s for all technical systems
- Consults with Engineering and Senior level management to conceptualize new systems and integrate new technologies / systems into existing operation
- Maintain monthly broadcast calendar, schedules, weekly call sheets, and daily exceptions (sick call etc.), including vacation scheduling, special events, cross-coverage and cross training
- Recruit, hire and train new employees, manage and develop operations and production staff
- Solid understanding of IP networking and advanced computer skills (Windows, Mac)
- Facilitate communication between the technical team, news desk and production staff
- Understanding of IPTV, MATV, and OTT a plus
- Organized project management and communication skills
- Frequently liaison with key executives for diverse and important broadcast technology issues.
- Strong troubleshooting, working and technical understanding of digital broadcast technology, digital signal types, media formats and compression, sync, time code and signal flow.
- Operational as well as technical knowledge of production control technology including Ross Carbonite switchers, Yamaha digital audio consoles, Imagine Communications Farad SAN / Nexio video servers, studio equipment, Evertz EQX Router, RTS, Crispin automation, etc. required.
- Experience with ENPS or other NRCS systems highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of MPEG encoding technology and head-end/NOC distribution required.
- Familiarity with traditional terrestrial and satellite broadcast technology is helpful.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, and maintaining broadcast automation systems.
- Advanced knowledge of serial, GPIO, and IP control methodologies.
- In-depth understanding supporting LAN/WAN infrastructure, routing, switching, VLANs, etc
- Ability to analyze and interpret various system logs to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical broadcast issues. Prior programming experience a plus
Ability to create, read and follow blueprints and system schematics as well as frequently produce workflow documents, signal flow schematics and Standard Operating Procedures.
- At least 2 years of extensive experience with MS Visio and/or AutoCAD required.
- Ability to manage people and effectively delegate tasks.
- Multi-tasking and on-the-fly prioritization skills are essential. Must frequently complete time-critical assigned tasks under stressful situations with minimal or no supervision.
- Hands on TV Chief and or Senior TV Broadcast Engineering experience. This is not a desk job, this is for someone who enjoys real involvement.
- TV Engineering Project Management (PM) experience greatly respected.
- Managing direct reports of skilled TV Engineers & Transmission Technicians
- 5-7 years of experience working in a live TV production environment at a TV news station, TV sports, media organization, TV network, or TV studio.
- 2+ years effectively managing a team of broadcast engineers.
- News or Sports experience strongly desired for an understanding of rapid needs in fast paced 24/7 broadcast Network that is respected for it's broadcast technology and industry standing.
Officer in Charge of Search
Filcro Media Staffing
295 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Email and Resume Submission Link
Job Web Link PC | Mobile & iPhone | Alt Page | This Page
Jobs for TV Chief Broadcast Engineers - 1985 - 2016
Broadcast Operations and Engineering Executive Search by Filcro Media Staffing