A Filcro Media Staffing Executive Search Case History
Modality review of an Art Director recruited by Tony Filson
Senior Art Director
Portland, OR - USA
Online interactive properties and off-line collaterals
Executive Search Firm
Filcro Media Staffing with Tony Filson as Officer in Charge of Search reporting to the client President and Chief Creative Officer
Global U.S. based media organization utilizing technology and creative content to support:
- Developing web-based online and wireless content.
- Providing technology infrastructure and capacity to monetize content across multiple media platforms.
- Assimilation and dissemination modalities for a sampling of the following
Art Director of online properties, collaterals and corporate communications
The organization required an Art Director who be responsible for the design of new projects on various Web properties as well as the additional tasks described below to work as part of the creative services group of the media division to design concepts and templates for Web properties
- Design assets that can be reused in multiple templates
- Create interactive tools in Flash
- Create identities for stand-alone online products and see them through production
- Create online promotional materials for The Web Site and other Corporate online products
- Design printed promotional pieces like posters, brochures, invitations and multi-page documents
- Online Design and Production
- Build page templates for Web Site sections
- Create interactive tools for Web Site sections
- Work within the existing information architecture to add new projects to the site
- Help ensure usability and accessibility throughout the Web Site
- Use the Corporate content management system to help update content on the Creative Web Site and the Corporate site
- Update content teasers and time sensitive stories on the home page
Producing Annual Report
- Assist in pre-production planning of the annual report
- Create complete ready-for-print design of the Annual Report
- The ability to produce materials in multiple languages
Executive Search Committee Member Industry and Sector inclusion
- Digital and Online Properties
- Interactive Advertising Agencies
- Interactive Design Studios
- Corporate Design Environments
Subsequent to Filcro Media Staffing being retained
The Filcro Media Staffing Officer in Charge Tony Filson participated in a number of phone conferences with the President and the senior most creative executive to establish current and future objectives for the varied digital properties across multiple media platforms that this Art Director would be responsible for.
Filcro Media Staffing established the required skills and and experience with a strong understanding of how graphic design principles like balance, color, hierarchy and typography needed to be applied across multiple sites. This mean was established for portfolio reviews in New York.
Also established were priorities about desired new media projects to engage users without slowing loading times to offer engaging experiences utilizing advanced CMS technology.
Some of the challenges facing the new Senior Art Director
- The ability to take design ideas from concepts through production to the Web
- The ability to apply audience research to their design work utilizing accurate media metrics
- Organizational / Time Management & Workflow skills to work on and direct multiple concurrent projects to keep work organized to meet project deadlines
- Develop resources to offer proficiency in Dreamweaver and other HTML Authoring software, Flash and Flash ActionScripting, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- The ability to produce materials in multiple languages and assimilate and disseminate in same.
FMS proceeded to Identify art directors with work and work histories that reflected the client’s goals from a business, creative and technical perspective. FMS concentrated on (3) three national markets that based on previous recruitment experience proved successful based on the client’s budget, size and culture. Special consideration had to be given to the extremely high corporate and creative standards of those supporting the organization:
Successful Art Director Recruited
An Art Director who by trade is a print designer, interactive designer, animator and video editor. The Art Director had over ten years of experience working for design firms such as Agile Industries, Razorfish, Manhattan Transfer, Modem Media, and New Interactive. He has taught classes on art direction and interactive video at the Savannah College of Art and Design and The Art Institute of Portland. His television, interactive and print work includes clients such as IBM, The American Red Cross, Wired Magazine, and Cisco Systems.
The new Art Director fluent in French, Spanish and English was able to work across many international business verticals. His work has been exhibited at the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival, and his interactive work has been featured in the book Portfolios Online: Digital and Graphic Designers Websites by Kathleen Ziegler and Nick Greco. The Art Director received his B.F.A. in communications from American University in Washington, DC and his M.F.A. in video from the Savannah College of Art and Design.
The above Art Director above was successfully attracted. The goals and objectives of the client have been met and the web properties and corporate communication areas reflect a honed, polished and effective environment utilizing comprehensive technology to assimilate and disseminate information.
This URL: http://www.executivesearch.tv/html/art_director.html
Filcro Media Staffing, All rights reserved, 1985 - 2011 Filcro Media Staffing - National Media and Broadcasting Executive Search Firms - Selected Case Histories for Interactive Art Directors